Instructional Materials from Highlights Library

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago

Share the resource that you found. Post your response, identifying how you will use it in instruction. Reply to the thread and review and reply to other participants' responses.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

I didn't necessarily select one resource. I just like the ability that you can sort by lexile level and topic and then students can take quizzes, participate in speaking and listening activities, access the materials, and earn rewards. This will hopefully motivate them to enjoy reading.

Victoria Lininger 1 year, 5 months ago

I selected a book from a topic we will be discussing soon.  I liked the Reader+ options and how the sentences were read back to the student.  The find a picture feature is aweesome for preschoolers.

Sarah Ryall 5 months, 3 weeks ago

The hidden pictures is a great activity for preschool students!

Karen Via 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I tried to do a hidden pictures page and found it difficult. I am not sure my preschoolers would be able to do it without getting frustrated. 

mary taylor 1 year, 1 month ago

I liked that I was able to pick a book on Teamwork and the words were highlighted during read aloud.  This will be very helpful for preschool students.

Sarah Ryall 5 months, 3 weeks ago

I am looking for resources for my upcoming winter unit for preschool. I loved the simple reader of A Winter Day. This book will be a great way to introduce new vocabulary to my students. They can see the pictures to give them framework for our unit.

Lily Blackburn 2 months, 1 week ago

I will use the "Hello, Spring!" story to intoroduce our SPring Unit, and ask children what they notice in this story that they recognize outdoors at this time of year to compare. 

Karen Via 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I am beginning a unit on spring. Within this unit, we study clouds. I found a NF book on clouds to utilize.