Features of Highlights Library

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago
  1. Thinking about the students you work with, name at least two features of Highlights Library that will most appeal to them based on what you learned from your quick glimpse of the resource.
  2. What is one question you have about the resource that you hope will be answered during this class?
  3. Think of a time when you used a website or online tool in your instruction. What did you like about using the digital resource? How was it different than using other resources in your teaching?
Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

1. I like that you can include fiction and non-fiction texts, or just sort by one. I like the info button before opening a title to ensure its a book the reader is interested in

2. Are there teacher resoures?

3. This resources has a lot of accessibility features that aren't found in other digital resources.

Victoria Lininger 1 year, 5 months ago

1. Easy readers will be most appealing to my young students. Pictures and text will be benefical to them.

2. What kind of guided readers are offered?

3. Lots of graphics and words highlighted as its read is beneficial to my students. 

Amy Cox 1 year, 4 months ago

1) Being able to narrow categories of interest as well as levels of available books.

2) general use 

3)This resource seems very easy to navigate 

Amy Cox 1 year, 4 months ago

1) Being able to narrow categories of interest as well as levels of available books.

2) general use 

3)This resource seems very easy to navigate 

mary taylor 1 year, 1 month ago

I like that there are easier readers and videos for students to use.

Are there directions for parents as to where to start their child in the easy readers?

The issue I had with digital resources is the whole logging on for preschool students.   It need to be very simple like a QR code.   

Sarah Ryall 5 months, 3 weeks ago

1. Students will enjoy a variety of content, in both fiction and nonfiction. I like how various interests are presented. 

2. Are there any other resources for each book, like question guides?

3. Students are vary drawn to books that are read by other's voices and using technology in the classroom is not always something that I do, so they are drawn to it. 

Tina Jarosz 4 months, 1 week ago

1.  i work with pre-k and schoolagers so the tabs to go to find the age appropriate reading materials and how to share links with parents

2.  about to go use it for teacher resources

3.  I like how they had different ideas for uses along with the book

Karen Via 1 month, 3 weeks ago

1. I teach in an integrated preschool classroom. I am not sure if ALL my students will be able to use this independently. My students love to manipulate things on our board. I am sure I can begin by teaching them as a class how to navihate through the tabs. I do like that you can change the lexile level to adjust for your needs. I also like that it reads the story to them.

2. Are there any extension activities already created?

3. It makes the learning more interactive for my students and gives them something more concrete.