Integrating Digital Text in Your Classroom

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago

What are two things you are currently doing in your classroom or instruction that will make integrating digital text easier? 

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 5 months ago

I use Google Classroom and other resources for digital text, so students are familiar with navigating on digital devices.I will not use this resource. I was unimpressed with the navigation and the activities/lesson plans.

Tracie Kleman 1 year, 5 months ago

STudents read lots of digital content and this source makes it easier to share and translate. However, many of the entries are not very rigorous or robust for high school audiences but could work nicely for EL students or those with IEP's.

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 3 months ago

I currently use Scholastic with it's magazine subscription for preschoolers. It has an online resource for sharing their videos. I use my Galaxy view tablet for viewing. I also use my tablet for song videos that have the words displayed as it sings the song. Also some of the ebooks from the library have the words displayed as it is read.

Christine Badenhop 1 year, 2 months ago

During orientation, I have the students favorite or bookmark the digital resources we will be using.  I have found this saves time when the actual lesson occurs.  We also attach the links in the Google classroom to our Canvas pages.  

Taryn Thomas 1 year, 2 months ago

Currently I use Canvas and my students are able to access any link that I post, so they will be able to get to the resource any time they need it. 

I'm using Google Classroom and have integrated ReadWorks and IXL into the lesson for my students. Getting better as the year goes on as I use for SDI and PM.

Misty Tinney 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I am using Google classroom with my student, and I have set them all up with access to borrow free ebooks to their chromebooks, tablets, or phones.

Tina Jarosz 2 months, 4 weeks ago

I am currently using youtube videos for books I don't have.  We have ipads in the classroom for free choice.  I will take those ipads for more learning based apps.