Instructional Materials from the World Book Resources

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago

Take the World Book Early Learning class, the World Book Kids class, and/or the World Book Student and Advanced class to learn more about this digital resource licensed by INFOhio. 

1. Think about a topic or focus for an upcoming lesson or unit you are planning.

2. Using what you have learned, find a World Book resource on the INFOhio website.

3. Use Educator Tools to search for a topic by standard or search and browse, select and read an article on the topic, and view the additional content.

4. Share the resource that you found in this post.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 5 months ago

World Book Early Learners

Honestly, I found this to be challenging. When I selected a Story, I couldn't access any resources for Grown-Ups. When I selected content and it selected titles for me, the first 3 I clicked on didn't have matching standards. When I decided to just use a lesson plan, I selected 3 and they were all in need of work. The interative activity is poining out a question mark? That isn't good instruction. I would not use this resource.

World Book Kids

I like this resource much better. It's almost like two different companies made these products. I focused on Insects. I was able to find resources for students, lexile and standards information for the educator, and videos to drive engagement.

Tracie Kleman 1 year, 5 months ago

Harper Lee

Simplistic author about a book still studied at the freshman level in our district. Love the ability to translate and read aloud but otherwise rather basic.

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 3 months ago

World Book Early Learners

Community Workers

People at work videos

Games with true or false about community workers

Ebooks related to the topic

Taryn Thomas 1 year, 2 months ago

I chose Abrahamn Lincoln for senior research projects.

I chose World Book Student.

I found the extra resources after the article like the printed books, the videos, the timelines, and all the other information that my students would be able to use for their research paper instead of just the one singular article. THe only downside is that there are no ebooks. 

Christine Badenhop 1 year, 2 months ago

1. I chose to focus on Ben Franklin because we do biographies for research. 

2. I am sticking with World Book Student because of the ease of the layout of the main page. 

4. Ben Franklin had a great main article.  I was disappointed that there were only print book resources under books. I loved the related websites.  This is a huge time-saver!

Misty Tinney 9 months, 3 weeks ago

I would use World Book Kids as an introduction for our poetry unit. The students would start by reading the page on poetry and then look up an poet. 

Tina Jarosz 3 months ago

"the kite Savers"

I would use this story when I am teaching my children about rhyming words

Meghan Torres 3 months ago

I work with infants at the child care center I work at, now not many of the resources are excatly geared for infants however some of the printable books may be able to be utilized, also i am a mom to three kids so i am finding this a useful resource for them during their school years.