Features of World Book Resources

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago

Take the World Book Early Learning class, the World Book Kids class, and/or the World Book Student and Advanced class to learn more about this digital resource licensed by INFOhio.

1. Thinking about the students you work with, name at least two features of the World Book resource that will most appeal to them.

2. Which feature of the World Book resource most appeals to you as a teacher? 

3. Think of a time when you used a website or digital instruction program in your instruction. What did you like about using the digital resource? How was it different than using other resources in your teaching?

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 5 months ago

1. I like that there are videos and stories with acccessible features.

2. The stories for students to read aloud or hear.

3. The digital resources can make learning engaging. 

Edit - the first answers are in regards to World Book Early Learning

World Book Kids

1. I like that the browing topic changes to allow students to possibly learn about topics they wouldn't otherwise be interested in. I also like that each title also has more resources to continue learning.

Tracie Kleman 1 year, 5 months ago

1. Read aloud and 360 degree options will make these interesting and accessible to students.

2. I love the ability to translate for students.

3. Students love the autonomy in a format like this when a digital platform is offered for them to pursue topics of their own choosing and apply a strategy they've learned!

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 3 months ago

1. World Book Early Learning

Choosing the topic they are interested in.

Activities to go along with the topic

2. The activities section where they can learn numbers and fine motors skills while having fun at the same time.

3. Using digital resources make for a simplified access to references you are needing in the classroom.

Taryn Thomas 1 year, 2 months ago

1. The dictionary option to define any word by double-clicking and the citation builder to help them with any resource needed to cite. 

2. The WebQuest aspect is the most appealing to me as it will help my students better understand how to research a topic and help them write their research paper. 

3. The accessibility to a multitude of topics is extremely helpful versus when I (as a student) would have to use physical copies of articles and be limited to what my school had available. 

Christine Badenhop 1 year, 2 months ago

1. Our career tech high school students will definitely be using the citation builder for their various research projects and clubs that they participate in.  Instead of always using easybib, the students willl now have another option.  I would also use the dictionary option where students can just double click and find information.  With a high population of special education students, this will be very helpful. 

2. The biography section in the World Book Student section is amazing for the research we do with seniors.  Students are able to pick an area like photography and find individuals that fall into that catagory.  This will help so many of our students because they often put in wrong search words. 

3. As a librarian, using digital has made items easier and more accessible.  We still use print items, but more students can access the same article simotaneously.  It gives everyone more options and more material.  

Cassie Storrer 1 year, 2 months ago

1. My students would enjoy the coloring and paint by number features as well as any game or activity related to dinosaurs.

2. I love the easy incorporation of learning inside each game. The number/letter recognition and tracing games are appealing right now as we are entering into our season of Kindergarten readiness evaluations.

3. Our program is pretty traditional, with zero website instruction and little digital or computer technology interaction. This approach has its pros and cons. We do have a desktop that the students can use, but it is limited to CD games geared toward some learning activities. I appreciate that in a world that leans towards overconsumption of digital media (adults and children alike), our classroom focuses much more on interpersonal and hands-on activities (pretend play, art/craft, blocks, etc.). On the on the other hand, the CDs are an outdated technology and each year we have to throw away a few of them because they are too old or scratched to use anymore. The World Book resource wouldn't have that problem. It also has a lot of fun features that would be useful for supplimentary one-on-one intervention.

1. Animals and Maps....Atlas is wonderful for those that are challenged with where they are in the world. Trying to find the scope of things when you rarely travel outside of your community.

2. Text to speech so they can follow along...I also like that it links directly to my google classroom

3. I like the interaction and instant feedback to keep the lesson engaging...Interaction is critical for the students that need instant feedback and want to further their understanding of a topic.

Joy Queary 1 year ago

1. I like that the stories highlight the words as they are being read aloud.

2. I like being able to access videos and activities that correspond to our curriculum.

3. By utilizing the digital instruction, it provides a more simplified way to access topics and references quickly in one place.

Julie Maurice 10 months, 2 weeks ago

1. my studnets will love alot of these actvities like the coloring by number things. they also love to hear books and activities

2 they all appeal to me and figuring out how i can use it more ths next year

I thihk the storoies will be a great thing I can use and engage my students.

Tina Jarosz 3 months ago

1.  I think that there are stories and videos that would appeal to them.

2.  Most appealing are the the categories to choose from and the activities thant can be done.  Also I like that math is included with this.

3.  I like easy accessibility within the website is what I like best.

LillyAnne Tedesco 2 months, 2 weeks ago

1.  Two features that appeal to students are the colorful images and the fact that it is easy to navigate.

2. A high school librarian might decide to complete the World Book Advanced Online class on Infohio.org to strenthen their ability to provide students with comprehensive and authoritative research materials.

3. As a high school librarian, I frequently utilize digital instruction programs such as Kahoot! in my teaching. What I particularly like about using this digital resource is its interactive and engaging nature.