- Janie Kantner
- Critical Thinking, Information, Media and Technological Literacy, Reading Informational Text, Speaking and Listening, Writing, History, Information and Communications Technology
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Lower Primary
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Formats:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Text/HTML, Video
ASK! ACT! ACHIEVE! An Introduction to Research for Second Grade
This lesson is an introduction to the research process using the Ask. Act. Achieve. process
What is Research?
Instructor asks what the work "research" mean?
Students do a "pair/share" with each other and talk about about the following questions:
- What does the word "research" mean
- What does a research do? why?
- Have you ever done research? why?
The research process
Instructor shares slide presentation "What is research?" attached
Use the INFOhio Ask, Act, Achieve model to help your 2nd graders learn about the research step. To review the model go to https://go.infohio.org/
- Places to find answers to their questions
- Ways to share answers