RCT Spring 2022 Post 7: Reflecting on Your Learning

by Emily Rozmus 2 years, 2 months ago
  • What are the key ideas from the RemotEDx Certified Trainer Learning Pathway you will share with schools, districts, and service agencies in your region? Develop an elevator speech 3-4 sentences in length.

Please post your answers below. Feel free to read your fellow RemotEDx Certified Trainers' posts and comment!

BJ Thaman 2 years, 1 month ago

RemotEDx and InfOhio have curated an impressive collection of high-quality commercial and OER resources.

These resources are completely free for all Ohioans to use at school and at home.

The collection of videos, ebooks, reference materials, and support should make InfOhio your first stop, instead of Google and Youtube.

Emily Rozmus 2 years, 1 month ago

Hi BJ - I am excited to read your elevator speech! Consider using "premium" resources rather than commnercial. Love the direction to use INFOhio before Google or YouTube!

Nicole Dozois 2 years, 1 month ago

There is alot to be shared and discussed so to narrow it down to 3 - 4 sentences may be difficult. First, I am considering my audience - my conversation with a parent would be different than that I would have with an administrator. 

My elevator speech with a general education classroom teacher.

"Did you know there is an excellent resources that is provided to Ohio educators, parents and students for free? It has so many resources provided for free all conveniently located in one place. You can find anything from lesson plans, to apps that students can easily use and access, blogs and professional groups. This is just a snap shot you really need to go explore on your on. Check it out INFOhio!" 

Caleb Allen 2 years, 1 month ago

Wow, what a great resource for educators to use. INFOhio's resources are great for educators at all levels and will certainly help put a focus on improved teaching and learning. 

My elevator pitch would be: 

"Want to learn how to accelerate student learning with high quality instructional materials? Look no further than RemotEDx and INFOhio! Resources can be found for educators at all levels, that have been rigorously reviewed to ensure alignment to grade level standards. Check out resources from other educators developed for educators to support high quality and accelerated learning for all students!"

Michael Triska 2 years, 1 month ago

Are you tired of searching for high quality instructional materials? Were the last few resources you paid for on TpT beautiful, but lacked rigor or were totally mis-aligned with your standards? If you answered YES to these questions, then you need INFOhio and RemotEDx! 

INFOhio has always been a great source for high quality instructional materials. Now, they have partnered with RemotEDx to bring you vetted materials including open educational resources, a collaborative learning and sharing platform called Open Space, and wonderful research tools like Ohio Instructional Materials Matter, powered by EdReports.

What are you waiting for? Check out INFOhio.org today.

Lisa Walter 2 years, 1 month ago

RemotEDx and INFOhio are high-quality, FREE resources students grades PreK-12. These resources are for both parents and teachers alike. This extraordinary collection of material and resources is where every Ohio teacher and parent should look FIRST when gathering extra resources.

Aimee Mendelsohn 2 years, 1 month ago

Research shows us that we can accelerate student learning by not only increasing student academic competency, but also by increasing their self-confidence in their own abilities.  INFOhio’s resources provide educators, students, and parents with free, high-quality, standards-aligned resources that are designed to not only boost students sense of self-confidence but also challenge them to be actively engaged in their own learning.   

Adam Michael 2 years, 1 month ago

What if I told you there is a site where Ohio PK-12 students, parents, and educators are able to find high-quality, rigorously reviewed, ensured to align to Ohio Standards, vetted, instructional resources and educator tools; and it was free?  Sounds to good to be true?  INFOhio does just that along with Open Space, it's curriculum creation and collaborative tool, and the RemotEDx Curriculum Library.  Educator tools includes more that 70,000 teacher-approved lesson plans, best practices, and other instructional materials to support personalized learning, project-based learning, and the inquiry process.  Find authentic texts, streaming videos, images, digital texts, ebooks, and more for the classroom, home, or on the go.  Increase your understanding of high-quality instructional materials, explore training and support materials with tutorials, find groups created by Ohio educators and content providers, explore shared resources, and engage in discussions.  You can rest easy knowing the materials are age-appropriate and standards-aligned, while you also become more literate at looking at curricular resources.  The possibilities are endless.

Elizabeth Curtis 2 years, 1 month ago

Elevator Pitch: 

Are you still using TpT? If you are an Ohio educator, there are FREE high-quality materials at your fingertips. Seriously, before you hit up Google for resources, type in INFOhio first and browse this extensive resource. You won't be sorry. 

James Holzapfel 2 years, 1 month ago

For me, I see this as two-fold.

1. I will use the resources for curriculum evaluation and selection tools to help districts select series that best suit their needs.  This includes comprehensive curriculum resources across a single content area for multiple grade levels.

2. Perhaps more importantly, a big takeaway of mine is to have a process for evaluating supplementals.  I have great value for both the research and tools presented to have options that ARE NOT teacher pay teacher.  Are there some good things?  Sure.  However, they are neither vetted nor aligned.  I would like to drive educators to this resource, instead.

Dave Miller 2 years ago

Teachers help teachers save money!  Don't pay for resources when you can access many high quality resources at no cost. Explore all the resources provided through INFOhio and RemotEDx. Free doesn't always mean invaluable when your state organization is curating and purchasing resources for Ohio Educators, and be sure to check out the OpenSpace groups to collaborate with others in similar roles across the state!