This is one in a series of Teach With INFOhio blog posts which aligns INFOhio's resources and web-based tools with Future Ready's Framework. The series of blog posts for Future Ready will be completed by August 2019.
Search Results (5)
Brain teasers are a great way to help members develop their thinking skills. These types of activities are a great way to start a club meeting, provide specific content and get everyone thinking.
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings is the nonprofit record label of the Smithsonian Institution, the national museum of the United States. We are dedicated to supporting cultural diversity and increased understanding among peoples through the documentation, preservation, and dissemination of sound. We believe that musical and cultural diversity contributes to the vitality and quality of life throughout the world. Through the dissemination of audio recordings and educational materials we seek to strengthen people's engagement with their own cultural heritage and to enhance their awareness and appreciation of the cultural heritage of others. Smithsonian Folkways is part of the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage.
Our mission is the legacy of Moses Asch, who founded Folkways Records in 1948 to document "people's music," spoken word, instruction, and sounds from around the world. The Smithsonian acquired Folkways from the Asch estate in 1987, and Smithsonian Folkways Recordings has continued the Folkways commitment to cultural diversity, education, increased understanding, and lively engagement with the world of sound.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Material Type:
- Discover The Island Cultures Of The South Pacific Their Musical Expressions With Songs Crafts Games Uses Recordings Of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Rhythmic Game Songs The Solomon Islands Papua New Guinea Flute Playing
- In This Lesson Are Opportunities For Teaching Learning About Some Ways In Which Music Is Aligned With Visual Art A Sampling Of Songs Smithsonian Folkways Recordings Is Presented Alongside The Cover Art Relevant To The Songs Several Well-known Pieces Are Featured The Wide Array Of Recordings First Envisioned Folkways Record' Founder Moses Asch In The
- In This Series Of Three Lessons Students Will Engage With Latvian Folk Music Culture History Through Critical Listening Singing Movement Dance Instrumental Performance
- Introduce Students To The Melodic Rhythms Of The Tabla
- Students Learn The Four Shapes Used In Sacred Harp Singing Sing The Shapes Of Yankee Doodle In A Key Appropriate To Their Voices They Sing The Melody Part Of Chester A Revolutionary-era Tune William Billings If They Are Old Enough Able To Do So They Try A Two-part Version Melody Harmony
- Teach The History Geography Of Turkey Focusing On The Anatolia Region
- The Following Is Designed For Elementary Middle General Classroom Music Students Can Be Easily Adapted For Other Types Of Music Classes
- This Lesson Is Intended To Introduce Students To The Music Of The American Folk Revival That Developed Between The With Notable Figures Such As Pete Seeger Burl Ives Jean Ritchie Paul Robeson Many Others
- Through Active Listening Discussions Of Cultural Context Re-creating Ostinati Pentatonic Melodies Students Will Experience Two Contrasting Examples Of The Music Of The Khmer People Of Cambodia
- Use Lively Recordings Videos Celebrated
- Date Added: